How to Clean and Maintain Your Aluminium Kitchen Products
Well-known for its reliability and lightweight, aluminium is one of the most preferred options when it comes to kitchen cabinets as well as kitchen utensils. Versatile and flexible, aluminium’s bright silvery lustre gives off a contemporary look, and along with its corrosion resistant and recyclable qualities, aluminium is made perfect for kitchens. Even though aluminium requires little to no maintenance most of the time, these great cleaning and maintenance tips will surely come in handy to keep your aluminium kitchen cabinet and utensils in excellent condition all the time.
1. Clean your aluminium kitchen cabinet regularly with a soft cloth. When necessary, use a small amount of mild, non-abrasive cleaner.
2. To restore colour to discoloured aluminium, mix 1 tablespoon of vinegar with 4 cups of water and boil it in affected dishes until the colour returns.
3. To clean unpainted aluminium window frames, mix a small amount of mild detergent with warm water and clean the frames with a clean cloth.
4. To remove tarnish, take a lemon slice and dip it in salt, and subsequently scrub the kitchen gadgets with the salted side of the lemon.
5. Remember to dry your aluminium kitchen utensils completely once you are done cleaning them.
6. To remove grease, you can try adding 2 tablespoons baking soda to the usual amount of detergent you use.
7. To remove burned food, try placing the pot/pan with the burned food in the freezer for a couple of hours and you will find that the burned food is easier to get rid of when it has been frozen.
8. To brighten your dull kitchen utensils again, slice half a lemon and rub the cut side all over them and then buff with a soft cloth.